Sunday, March 16, 2008

I think I just committed!

My first day as a possible Figure Competitor and I am not only sitting here drinking my sugar and SOY cream drenched coffee, but I skipped out on bootcamp, and have YET to go for my morning run (which I hung up the phone with JZ 20 minutes ago for). Go FIGURE!! However, I did manage to get to bed last night without gorging myself with Black Licorice or piling in a pint of soy ice cream. That is a start. And Momma and I only had ONE glass of wine AT the figure show last night. (Did I mention that it was in a nice sized plastic party cup... that she so kindly filled to the TOP.. way to go sista!) Obviously after my nice wine buzz I was super ready to get started on this figure show mission, even did a few poses in the mirror before I got into bed (starving I might mention!)! Did I just admit to posing out loud, YIKES! Well, now I am really going to go for my run. Although Josh DID say I have another week before I get serious, I guess it doesn’t really make sense to turn back now..... I am going to need a lot of moral support, no temptation with wine and cupcakes and the best part is..... MOMMA WILL NOT BE DRINKING WINE WITH ME.... what a TRUE friend! Way to go Momma! I will be keeping you posted of the trials and tribulations of preparing for a first time figure show from the view point of a sugar addict, wine lover and commitment phoebe... but hopefully with the help of an AMAZING trainer, a gym full of people who are as crazy as I am, and the love of my family and friends (who although WILL think I am CRAZY..... will hopefully just continue to support me, even when they DO want me to drink wine and stay up all night!) Wish me luck and DON'T let me back out!
More later. Pictures to be included when I really start to lose it and have NO fear....

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yippee! You go girl! And what's the part about me and wine?!?! I don't seem to recall that part of the deal............JK! Thanks for putting it in writing - now I'm just as commited to my end of the deal as you are to yours. You CAN do it and you WILL do it. I look forward to watching your progress, sharing in your successes, supporting you along the way, and finding a reason at the end to borrow your costumes and shoes! Congrats and all the best! Momma xo

Laura Rogers said...

Heather, you can do it! I wouldn't ever recommend someone to do it if I didn't think they could! You have it and you will be amazed at how much diet plays a role in your body composition. It is an expirement every time I do a show and I'll tell you, it's totally worth it! You will have good days and bad days, but in the end, everyone will be so proud of you! You will be so proud of yourself! I'm here for you! :)

Laura